Essential Health features outstanding farm partners, including many local producers.
- Howling Flats Farm, North Canaan CT
- Baldwin Brook Farms, Canterbury CT
- Sweet Pea Farms, Granby CT
- Before and After Farms, Woodbridge CT
- Copper Hill Farm, Somers CT
- Sub Edge Farm, Farmington CT
- Savage Hill, Berlin CT
- New Boston Beef, Thompson CT
- Versailles Farms, Greenwich CT
- Working H Farms, Friendsville MD
- US Wellness, Canton MO
- Blackwing Meats, Antioch IL
- Smoking Goose, Indianapolis, IN
All beef is 100% grass fed, free range pastured, non-growth hormone, no antibiotics, and organic practices are followed. We are less concerned with the organic certification than knowing the farmer and how the animals are raised*
All chicken is free-ranged, with access to forage the pastureland when not winter, and supplemented with GMO-free feed.
All pork is heritage breed animals, free ranged, supplemented with GMO-free feed.
All prepared items (sausage, bacon), is free of added nitrates aside from naturally present in celery, preservatives, MSG, and no-to-minimally added natural sugar; eg bacon and sweet breakfast sausage has approx 1g sugar per pound.
* Attaining USDA Organic certification is an expensive multi-year process, adding much cost and burden to small producers, without necessarily fully informing the consumer about the product’s inputs or if neighboring fields are contaminating. It’s our view that knowing the local farmer and understanding first-hand how he or she operates is most informative and cost-effective.